The command fixmbr ran with the WinXP installation CD will reinstall the
M$Windoze boot code in the MBR.  Similarly the command fixboot will
rewrite the partition boot sector if by mistake Grub was installed in
the WinXP partition boot sector instead of the MBR. A lot of people
unnecessarily reinstall M$Windoze when either of these two little tips
could save the day.
--
Regards,
Mick