On Thursday 26 January 2006 11:49, Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
> Hi all, I am having a real strange problem on a fresh install, I had
> used a stage3 tarball from internet and when I try to emerge syslog-ng
> I got this error
> checking for C compiler default output...configure: error: C compiler
> cannot create executables
> See config.log for more details.
>
> I had a look at config.log and do not understand nothing.... can
> someone help with that one

configure:2328: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O3 -march=pentium3 -pipe
-fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mmmx -mfpu   conftest.c  >&5
cc1: error: invalid option `fpu'

These are the important lines. By the look of it you have "-mfpu" in your
CFLAGS which, as the following output says, is not a valid option (unless you
are running SPARC).

--
Jason Stubbs