Can you login to the share using smbclient ?  smbclient //pc_name/share
To mount the share I just use mount -t smbfs -o
username=user,password=pass //robin/share /mnt/smb And my PC is
Windows XP SP2.  One think that maybe causing a problem is the Windows
Firewall.... It will give you strange errors when trying to connect to
shares.

Also I am not sure but consider looking at the docs if you hav enot
already: http://us5.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/toc.html

Hope some of this helps.

Robin