Neil Bothwick schreef:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:08:11 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>> I'm also running ~x86, and kdelibs and kdebase-kioslaves 3.5.0 (the
>>  packages I'm having problems with) are currently installed. But if
>> I do an emerge -uaD(N)tv world, krusader (because it is compiled
>> with konqueror support, so it depends on Konq), and something else
>> I forget (oh, it was knowit, but I uninstalled that, in an effort
>> to solve this problem), demand to upgrade kdelibs and kioslaves to
>> the masked versions (which should not be available).
>
> That's odd. Krusader doesn't want anything masked here.
>
> # emerge krusader -pv
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done! [ebuild  N    ]
> kde-misc/krusader-1.70.0_beta2  USE="-arts -debug -javascript kde
> -xinerama" 0 kB
>
> Are you sure you don't have any KDE packages in package.unmask?

Oh, I'm sorry-- I should have mentioned that I'm using the live CVS
ebuild from the Krusader site, which has different USE flags:

emerge -pv krusader-cvs

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] kde-misc/krusader-cvs-1-r4  USE="javascript konqueror
-arts -debug -xinerama" 0 kB [1]

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage overlays:
 [1] /usr/local/portage

... but I found the problem. There was an old setting in
/etc/portage/package.mask that needed to be cleared out (I had masked >=
some 3.4 version of kioslaves, for reasons that I assume were good at
the time, but I totally forgot that I had ever done it, so I certainly
don't remember why I had done it). Removing that enabled the profile
package.mask to work normally once I removed the bogus and unnecessary
/etc/portage/package.unmask settings.

So that's fine then, sorry for the noise and thanks for the
encouragement to get to the bottom of what I had done to screw things up
(since I knew it had to be me, given that Portage really is unlikely to
have gone so schizo without anyone noticing *but* me :-) ).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread (with a possible
advisory to Ian to check his little-used /etc/portage files; maybe
there's a setting that you forgot you put there, as well :-) ).

Holly