On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:48:34 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> Now I have got a related question: Imagine you have got one portage
> tree on one box but several boxes that NFS mount it with different
> world files. Will several parallel  "emerge --fetchonly" processes on
> those different boxes still be safe?

Yes, because portage uses lockfiles in $DISTDIR. Once one emerge begins
downloading a file, any others wanting that file will wait for it.

--
Neil Bothwick

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.