To: <gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 4:27 AM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ... fails to open device '/dev/hda2' after update

On 1/28/06, Fredrik Lundgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* checking root filesystem ...
Failed to open the device '/dev/hda2': No such file or directory
* Filesystem couldn't be fixed: (Give root password for maintenance
    (or Control D to continue):_
---
Either this wasn't the problem or I mixed up the correction somehow. It
appears as if
the bootprocess sets the filesystem to be inaccesible?

Can you post some of the messages that appear before this point?

-Richard