Ralph K wrote:
> I recently installed xorg 7.0 on my system and I get the
> following errors when using 'startx' or 'Xorg -configure':
> Wth module glx -> 'undefined symbol' glCallList
> With module via_drv -> 'undefined symbol' drmCommandWrite

To get the newer via driver to load, I've had to add several Load
lines to the "Module" section in xorg.conf.  Look in Xorg.0.log to
see which modules failed to load because of missing symbols and add
the modules that provide those symbols early in the Module section.

> Used 'nm -D' on libGLcore.so and libdrm.so and those symbols are
> defined in those libraries,

Which libdrm?  From which package?  (equery belongs)

> I have also compiled the kernel modules agpgart, via_agp, drm,
> via and have them loaded, (no problem there).

What processor?  What chipset?

Benno