Hi,

    Try adding this dir and file:
        $ mkdir -p /etc/portage/profile
        $ echo "virtual/x11    x11-base/xorg-server" >>
/etc/portage/profile/virtuals
        $ echo "virtual/xft    x11-libs/libXft" >> /etc/portage/profile/virtuals
    Rebuild. If that is not enough then put /usr/portage/x11-base/xorg-server
into your
PORTDIR_OVERLAY rebuild the metadata and edit the xorg-server-x.x.x and add a
line:
        PROVIDE="virtual/x11" to the ebuild, digest it and try again.
    Of course you would need to remerge xorg-server before anything else.

Catalin