On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 15:58:53 -0800
darren kirby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> quoth the Nick Rout:
> > I wanted to use mod_status so I set -D INFO in /etc/conf.d/apache2 and
> > my /etc/httpd.conf cotains the following:
> >
> > <IfDefine INFO>
> >     ExtendedStatus On
> >     <Location /server-status>
> >         SetHandler server-status
> >         Order deny,allow
> >         Deny from all
> >         Allow from localhost
> >     </Location>
> > </IfDefine>
> >
> > Looks to me as though it should allow connections from localhost, but
> > it doesn't, I get 403 Forbidden.
>
> Yeah, it should be working, and in fact it is exactly the same as on my
> system
> where it does work. Is your system having problems resolving localhost? Does
> 127.0.0.1 work?
>
> > If I comment out the lines Deny from all, Allow from localhost it
> > works, but not as it is written i the default file as quoted above.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Reading the manual here makes me believe it should be working:
> >
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_access.html#order
>
> -d

Seems to be the same if i make the request to
http://locahost/server-status

the error message in the apache log seems to be the same whether i ask
for loalhost/server-status or 127.0.0.1/server-status.

(asked for 127.0.0.1)

[Sun Feb 05 18:18:35 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/server-status

(asked for localhost)

[Sun Feb 05 18:20:59 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/server-status

resolution for localhost seems to work:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ host localhost
localhost.rout.dyndns.org has address 127.0.0.1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ host 127.0.0.1
1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer localhost.

More pointers appreciated. I don't particularly need this, it damn
annoys me that it sdoesn't work though.