Daniel Pielmeier schreef:
> Thank you,
>
> in one portage overlay i use there are three ebuilds

<snip>
> and they are all marked ~x86.

Ebuilds from overlay are always ~arch, afaik. Overlays are not
considered "stable" for what seem to me to be obvious reasons; namely
that only the Portage tree itself can mark ebuilds as stable, and since
these ebuilds are not part of the "legal" Portage system, who is
supposed to judge? and secondly,  that overlay ebuilds, which could come
from anywhere, could never "out of the box" be considered "stable" -- as
in working-- by the official Portage tree (which is really just another
way of saying the first part).

Anyway,

> I have removed the ~x86 media-video/xine-ui-0.99.4-r3.ebuild in the
> overlay manually and at the moment i emerge
> media-video/xine-ui-0.99.4-r3.

as far as I know, this is the correct solution; the other point of an
overlay is that you keep an eye on it, and if an overlay ebuild does in
fact make it into the regular Portage tree, you should remove the
overlay build from the overlay and let Portage take over (since, if I
recall something that Neil said some time ago, overlay ebuilds will
always supercede Portage ebuilds if they duplicate each other,
version-wise). That's what works for me, anyway.

Holly