Steven S. schreef:
> On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
>

>> well, he has a point - he just missed to type it: -signatures
>> longer  than 4 lines are considered offensive -double signatures
>> are considered offensive -triple signatures like yours are even
>> worse.
>>

> Erm... offensive? Maybe annoying but I can't think of anyone being
> offended.

Well, insofar as it suggests a certain arrogance to consider one's own
wisdom so deathless that you'd attach it to every mail, even if it's
longer than the actual content of your response, thereby "forcing" the
recipient to read it (or at least accept a larger mail in their mailbox
despite any possible bandwith or message size hit that might entail for
the recipient), and insofar as a suggestion of arrogance does tend to
offend people ("who do you think you are??!!"), then Volker has a valid
point, though it might be considered more in the "rather sensitive"
group of possible responses, rather than the "average Joe", or
"indifferent". But some people are, after all, rather sensitive, and
they can be that.

Holly