Hello everybody,

When I try to print something using lprng I get:

Sending job '[EMAIL PROTECTED] +689 to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cannot open connection to localhost - No such file or
directory.

Here's /etc/conf.d/hostname:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ cat /etc/conf.d/hostname
# /etc/conf.d/hostname
# $Header:
/var/cvsroot/gentoo-src/rc-scripts/etc/conf.d/hostname,v
1.2.4.1 2005/02/19 02:13:53 vapier Exp $

# Set to the hostname of this machine
HOSTNAME="sarawak"

/etc/hosts:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ cat /etc/hosts
# /etc/hosts:  This file describes a number of
hostname-to-address
#              mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem.  It
is mostly
#              used at boot time, when no name servers
are running.
#              On small systems, this file can be used
instead of a
#              "named" name server.  Just add the
names, addresses
#              and any aliases to this file...
# $Header:
/var/cvsroot/gentoo-src/rc-scripts/etc/hosts,v 1.8
2003/08/04 20:12:25 azarah Exp $
#

127.0.0.1       localhost       sarawak
# IPV6 versions of localhost and co
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

I've tried editing the above different ways with the
similar results:

Get_local_host: hostname 'sarawak' bad

or

Get_local_host: 'localhost' IP address not available

Yes, the appropriate modules are loaded and the
printer is found at bootup. WinXP has no trouble with
the printer, an HP Deskjet612.

Attempts to cat a file directly to /dev/lp0 cause the
printer to make some noise and to flash the trouble
light.

This line is probably wrong, can someone suggest the
correct one?
127.0.0.1       localhost       sarawak

cups doesn't work either; the error is 'exit with
status 3'

-mw