Andrei Slavoiu wrote:
> --- "Steven S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Ah-hah! Thank you for pointing that out. I had
>> "-fomit-frame-pointers", I'm surprised nothing died before kdm.
>
> That's strange, there shouldn't be any way that -fomit-frame-pointers
>  could break compilation. I've been using it for years without any
> problem (and compiled kde 3.5.1 using it too).

Andrei, I thought Steven meant that he originally had
-fomit-frame-pointers and for whatever reason removed it-- but not all
of it (he left the 's' of 'pointers' in error; one too few deletes, as
it were). My understanding was that  he was surprised that the remaining,
invalid, 's' in his CFLAGS didn't cause anything to fail to compile
before kdm. And that is surprising, but hey, a lucky break is a lucky break.

But that was just my understanding of what Steven said.

Holly