From: Patrick Börjesson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:37 AM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] daemon start up problem

On 2006-02-08 10:08, K. Mike Bradley uttered these thoughts:
> Hello,
> I am running latest Gentoo.
> I want to start my app as a daemon.
> This app has a script to do so.
>
> webservice.sh
>
> I copied this file to /etc/init.d/
>
> I made a link:
>
> /etc/runlevels/default/webctrl ---> /etc/init.d/webservice.sh
>
> If I start manually it's ok:
>
> /etc/init.d/webservice.sh start
>
> But when I re-boot I get:
>

> *WARNING:   /etc/init.d/webctrl missing ... Skipping            [ok]

I would imagine that the init system of Gentoo expects the links in
/etc/runlevels/... to have the same name as the script they link to.

So to get proper behaviour:
ln -sf /etc/init.d/webservice.sh /etc/runlevels/default/webservice.sh
(or "rc-update add webservice.sh default")

Then remove /etc/runlevels/default/webctrl

That should fix it...

--
/  Patrick Börjesson