On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 20:27:39 +0000
Mick wrote:

> On a resource challenged machine like this ol' box of mine aterm runs like a
> dream.  Konsole is a bit heavier and it loads all sort of KDE components
> with it.  I mean, if you're already running KDE then they are already
> running by default, but if you're running a lighter WM then konsole may not
> be the slickiest solution.

That was my intuitive thoughts too. I do not want to load  the kde
libraries, this machne is an epia M9000 running mythtv. I don't want any
part of kde. Heres what i would need to install to run konsole (and note
that all of konsole's use flags are off)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ USE=-java emerge -pv konsole

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild  N    ] dev-libs/libpcre-6.3  -doc 552 kB
[ebuild  N    ] net-dns/libidn-0.5.15  -doc -emacs -java +nls 1,925 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/libart_lgpl-2.3.17  -debug 282 kB
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdelibs-3.4.3-r1  +alsa -arts +cups -debug -doc
-jpeg2k -kdeenablefinal -kerberos -openexr +spell +ssl +tiff -xinerama
-zeroconf 16,482 kB
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/konsole-3.4.3  -arts -debug -kdeenablefinal
-kdexdeltas -xinerama 21,900 kB

Total size of downloads: 41,143 kB

But anyway, thanks for all those who posted tips about the font thing, i think
I will be able to get the hang of it now :-)

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>