Thx Sasha, I was looking for that Release Schedule all over gentoo site but couldn't find it.

About the updates, it's easy,, I left my computer all night downloading and installing updates,, ;-) when I have one or two, not when I have to update the whole distribution, that's why I want to start as updated as I can.. ;-)

Regards.

On 2/9/06, Daniel da Veiga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/8/06, b.n. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jorge Martín wrote:
> > Exactly, what I don't want is to Install 2005.1-r1 stage3 and then have
> > to update the stage3 it takes too much time to compile the updated
> > version of glib and gcc.
> >
> > I also like to have GRP packages for Gnome and so, my Home Internet
> > conection is not too fast so I prefer to update the less packages I can.
>
> Ehm... So, what's the purpose of running Gentoo in your case?
> m.

Gentoo has many advantages, the whole "compile from source" of course
is the main stream, but add to it: control over the system,
dependencies and software by using emerge, either with GRP or
downloading source elsewhere, scripts for updating, config file
protection, a extense (the best) documentation, glsa check and fix,
special gentoo patches for a lot of apps, the feeling that you're not
alone (this list ilustrates it), and so much more, I am pretty sure
there are dozens more, but I got tired...

> --

Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil