On 2/9/2006 12:37 AM Neil Bothwick said the following:

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:07:39 -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

So I tried rebuilding ivtv but the problem persists. Thus I suspect I deleted something I shouldn't have with 'emerge -depclean'. Any suggestion on the best way to figure out what that "something" was and get things running again?

Running revdep-rebuild -p should identify the culprit. If not, look at
the output from genlop -u to see what was removed by the depclean.

Thanks for your reply. revdep-rebuild -p did not return anything but maybe that's because I already tried reinstalling ivtv. I don't have genlop on my system. What ebuild does it come from?

I seem to have resolved my problem. When I reinstalled ivtv, it picked up the newest version (0.4.2) since it was unmasked in my package.keywords. Reverting back to 0.4.0-r3 worked. I'm running 2.6.13-r5 kernel and maybe the newer ivtv isn't compatible with this kernel.

Thanks,

Drew