What can I install for shadows and transparency on Gnome?

On 2/11/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On Saturday 11 February 2006 03:06, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> Whoa. Check out this demo of a new OpenGL X desktop. IMHO it blows away the
> Mac OS/X
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/~davidr/xgl-demo1.xvid.avi
>
> Anyone have any other info on when this will be available? How does it
> work?

look into the forum, unsupported software, big thread.

> It looks like they're just using Gnome. Will it work with KDE too?

yes it does. It works with every wm (except compiz, which is a gconf addon -
gconf the windows registry for linux.. but luckily nobody needs compiz).

If you are only interested in shadows and transparency, you don't need to
install Xgl.