Harry Putnam schreef:
> I'm trying to install k3b.  One of its dependancies is transcode.
> The emerge stopped at transcode with specific errors, When checking
> bugzilla I see this is a known problem.

I remember having this problem way back when (I mean, several k3b
versions ago), but haven't had it in at least 3 upgrades:

motub -> emerge -pv transcode k3b

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-video/transcode-1.0.2-r2  USE="3dnow X a52 dv
dvdread extrafilters fame ffmpeg gtk imagemagick jpeg mjpeg mmx mp3 mpeg
network ogg quicktime sdl sse theora truetype v4l2 vorbis xml2 xvid -lzo
-sse2" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] app-cdr/k3b-0.12.10  USE="alsa css dvdr encode ffmpeg
flac hal mp3 musepack musicbrainz sndfile vcd vorbis -arts -debug -kde
-xinerama" 0 kB

Istr that the issue was related to the "encode" USE flag, which I used
to disable, since I don't actually re-encode things in K3b anyway, but
as you see, I now have it enabled, and it works fine (meaning that both
K3b and transcode are properly installed, since I still don't re-encode
things with K3b).

What are the "specific errors" that you are receiving? Perhaps the
problem is your transcode USE flags; what are those?

Holly