Quick questions - Holly.

When I configure alsa support in my kernel and build modules using
menuconfig and tell kernel to load modules automatically [or do manual

   1. Do I still have to enable alsasound service using  "rc-update add
      alsasound default" ?
   2. Is it a good idea to let the kernel automatically load modules or
      use /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 for it? [ Currently I am
      using the file instead of kernel [I disabled my onboard i8x0 card
      in BIOS to install this CMIPCI one and was skeptic that kernel
      would pick up the onboard one. I guess for a correctly configured
      host, it woudn't matter].

To say the least your response was encouraging. I am in the middle of an
emerge after two months of disconnectivity....

Thanks,
Rohit