Welcome to my post, and remember to leave your flamewars at the door :)

I've just installed KDE for the first time in a couple of years.  It
seems to have come a long way.

However, I have some eye candy I want to bring from Gnome - transparent
konsole is the first.

Secondly, I start konsole with the following command (from another
konsole):

konsole --geometry -0-0

but the geometry doesn't work!  This is how the geometry should work:

geometry  should appear   status
+0+0      top left        works every time
+0-0      bottom left     doesn't work
-0+0      top right       works every time
-0-0      bottom right    doesn't work

what's going on?!!

But apart from this, I love some of the new features (ok there are
probably lots that I haven't found yet).

TIA,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

There goes the good time that was had by all.
                -- Bette Davis, remarking on a passing starlet