On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 16:06 +0100, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 February 2006 06:34, Iain Buchanan wrote:
[snip]
> [...]
[snip]
> > I tried - instead of -- and the results are the same: -0-0 is not
> > implemented properly...
>
> what do you mean with 'properly'?
> where should konsole pop up?

konsole -geometry <geom>:

<geom>  appears at   should appear at
+0+0    top left     top left
-0+0    top right    top right
+0-0    top left*    bottom left
-0-0    various**    bottom right

* Always appears at top left
** Sometimes appears at top right, sometimes appears aligned with
existing window.

These tests were done about 5x for each geometry, with and without other
windows on the same virtual desktop.

The same tests run with gnome-terminal (from within KDE) using
--geometry instead of -geometry place gnome-terminal in the right place
all the time.

(again, not flaming, just testing :)
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers.
                -- The Wall Street Journal