On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 18:06 -0600, Zac Slade wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 February 2006 16:09, Richard Fish wrote:
> > Which ATI do you have?  The ATI drivers (fglrx) does not support
> > composite yet.  Both of the above options are only for nvidia users, I
> > believe.
> Enabling the Composite extension should work for all drivers, it isn't
> accelerated on fglrx, but there is a software fallback.  It may not be worth
> it if you can't get HW acceleration.

I managed to enable it after recompiling kde with the xcomposite use
flag, however it looks very bad.  I am using the fglrx driver, but if
the only difference between that and nvidia is speed, then I don't want
it either way!

Screen sections get corrupted, windows are unusable, parts of windows
are transparent, old parts of the screen aren't updated (eg, the splash
screen is visible long after it's really disappeared) web browsing shows
lines of text over the top of each other -

is this what everyone else sees with translucency?

oh well, I'm happy with the semi-transparency of konsole for now!

thanks,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

Oh, get ahold of yourself.  Nobody's proposing that we parse English.
             -- Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>