Neil Bothwick schreef:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:33:15 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>> This functionality is not in any way a hack:
>>
>> equery belongs /sbin/installkernel [ Searching for file(s)
>> /sbin/installkernel in *... ] sys-apps/debianutils-2.15
>> (/sbin/installkernel)
>

> It's part of system.
>
> # emerge -C debianutils
>
> !!! 'sys-apps/debianutils' is part of your system profile. !!!
> Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.

I suspected that (since it would be eminently logical for the package
that provides the 'make install' command to be on the system by
default), but as I said in an unquoted part of that mail I don't know
how to check what's in system.

Is there another way to get a list of packages that comprise the system
profile (other than just trying to unmerge one and getting a warning)?

Holly