Allan Spagnol Comar schreef:
> Hi all, I am having a bit of trouble trying to save alsamixer
> settings. I had tried every little thing I know and could make it to
>  work, if I reboot my system alsamixer settings go all to mute :(

rc-update add alsasound default

The 'alsasound' daemon saves your settings on exit (poweroff), and more
importantly, reloads them at boot.

'Alsactl store' doesn't help much if you don't somehow account for
'alsactl restore' :-) . Alsasound is the easiest way to do this, but you
can just get your session manager to run the command for you, if you prefer.

Hope this helps,
Holly

P.S. also-- if you're using KDE and KMix, make sure that you don't have
KMix overriding the alsa mixer settings (or unmute the KMix settings).

H.