Thanks for the quick reply!

When I went to enter that in, I looked up a website to tell me where to put that, because I couldn't remember. I finally stumbled on this:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/FAQVideoModes#head-a8891acdd12af18ef2c26fd86e50c194ac26eb0f

which says how to get the correct numbers from xorg.log files. I put the numbers it needed in and it worked perfectly. My modeline is a little different than yours.. i'm not sure how picky xorg is about it but it works, so I'm happy with that. At least you put me in the direction I needed to go, thanks!

Now if I can have the same luck with the suspend thing.

krgn wrote:

I have a Satellite P10 probably slightly different from yours but maybe
this modeline works. I have a widescreen too.. and get the 1280x800
working normally.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf|grep ModeLine
       ModeLine       "1280x800_60" 81.5 1280 1344 1480 1680 800 801
804 828 -hsync +vsync

all the best,

Kartsen