On 2/22/06, Mike Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm having problems with a laptop and the suspend2 patched kernel.  It
> seems like whenever I suspend to ram, and then resume, the video doesn't
> come back.

More details please.  (video card, which X11 driver, which
console/framebuffer driver, are you suspending from console or X,
etc).

FYI, both the ATI and NVidia proprietary drivers have some support for
suspend-to-ram (you do _not_ need suspend2 or a patched kernel for
this however), but I find it works best when suspending from within X,
and the console may or may not be restored.

> Also,  I'm using the intel 2200 wireless card, with the ipw2200 module,
> and if I put the laptop into hibernate and then power it back on, the
> wireless card doesn't come back up.

Never saw this problem...it should work fine.  Is the module reloaded
when the system resumes?  Anything show up in dmesg or the system log?

-Richard