Michael Smith schreef:
>> John Fawcett wrote:

>> I'm new to gentoo and I wonder if someone can point me in the right
>> direction to resovle the following kind of problem.
>>
>> I have run emerge mysql and get the following output: Calculating
>> dependencies /!!! Cannot resolve a virtual package name to an
>> ebuild. !!! This is a bug, please report it.
>> (virtual/perl-Storable-2.13)
>>
>> What should I do, is it really a bug, and who should it be reported
>>  to? thanks

> Hmm, I can't find any open bugs on this in bugs.gentoo.org, so I
> guess it's new.
>
> You should register a new account at bugs.gentoo.org and report it.
> Before you do, make sure you run emerge --sync and see if the problem
>  goes away.

It very well might:

eix perl-Storable
* virtual/perl-Storable
     Available versions:  2.07 2.13 2.15
     Installed:           none
     Homepage:            http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/perl/

The point being, that there *is* no other ebuild *but*
virtual/perl-Storable, so the fact that it cannot be found/resolved
seems very likely to be a sync issue of some sort rather than a bug,
/per se/, especially since this is the "middle" available version.

What version of mysql are you attempting to install, John, and what ARCH
are you running (emerge info)?

Holly