On Tuesday 28 February 2006 00:56, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>       I'm having some issues with enabling programs to be suid root. Stuffs
> like /bin/mount /usr/bin/mount.cifs is already in mode 47xx and I still
> get errors that I have no permissions to execute it (to mount)
If the mount point is not specified in /etc/fstab then only root can do the
mount.  If it's in /etc/fstab it needs the option users to allow this.  There
are exceptions, like when HAL manages the mount for you.

> (I'm troubleshooting another program but using mount as an example as
> the error symptom is the same)
What is the other program?  What is the real issue?  Mount is sort of special.
--
Zac Slade
[EMAIL PROTECTED]