On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 12:24:07AM -0800, Robert Persson wrote:
> I have just upgraded to xorg-7 and found that I can no longer use ctrl-alt-Fn
> to switch out of the x server. I am using the same version of fglrx that I
> was before I upgraded and this problem started happening. How do I get
> console-switching back?
>
> I have also found, since the upgrade, that I can no longer exit gnome sanely.
> The first time I did it I got a kernel panic; the second time I found myself
> back at a garbled login screen; and the remaining 3 times I have simply found
> myself with a black screen and an unresponsive mouse and keyboard. I can
> however, still exit kde and blackbox without problem.

I am in a similar situation. If gdm is running, logout from a gnome session
gives
me a garbled screen. But everything is ok if I use slim login manager.

I can switch from X to console by ctrl-alt-Fn. But switch back from console to
X hangs the whole system. :( Probably, this is the fault of ati fglrx driver,
because
when I use radeon driver that comes with xorg, everything is fine.