On 3/6/06, Harry Putnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [nomerge      ]  sys-apps/pmount-0.9.6  USE="crypt"
> [ebuild  N    ]   sys-fs/cryptsetup-luks-1.0.1-r2  USE="nls -dynamic" 0 kB

This means that pmount is already installed, with the crypt USE flag,
which causes a dependancy on cryptsetup-luks, which conflicts with
your already installed cryptsetup.  You need "echo sys-apps/pmount
-crypt >>/etc/portage/package.use".

> Does the `noemerge' just mean its not installing in this output or
> that it won't be installed unless cryptsetup-luks is ...?

In this case, it means already merged.

> But this doesn't really answer why I didn't get better output on the
> test emerge -vuDp world... does it?

Yes, it does.

-Richard