I looked at gentoo about 2 years back when I wanted to switch from
Mandrake, I went with Mepis and realy liked 3.3 but 3.4-3 doesn't seem as
good. Don't like how they changed the reopositories. So I thought I'd look
to gentoo again, and am please to see they're really making progress.
Looks like there's a live cd with a graphical install from what I've read.

I remember asking about a graphical frountend [like synaptit in Mepis] and
was told "we're working on it." How's it coming?

I see it still leans heavly on Gnome but a KDE version is on it's way,
that will help with popularity.

I have a Celleron 2.9 gig 80 gig hd X 2 and 160 gig sata Diamond Stealth
P90 nvidia fx 5200 video, and winsurf tv card that likes to lock my systom
up grrrr and dsl.

Will the dvd have a ton of stuff? I see the live cd is only 200 meg, that
seems kinda small. Be nice to see xvkbd in it for people who can't use
their hands well.
Just wondering.
Alvin

For the best jerky you've ever had go to
http://alk.jerkydirect.com/
My home page
http://ka9qlq.tripod.com
This PC is windows free with Mepis Linux 3.4-3
http://www.mepis.org/
1(747)632-4973 SIP
Get Gizmo 1 cent per minuet calling
http://www.gizmoproject.com/