On 3/8/06, A.R.S. KA9QLQ Alvin Koffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Daniel da Veiga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Well, it would be the safest way. But now that you mentioned it, I
> > only tested in my machine (ATI, old one) and another server (NVidia,
> > FX5200), both loaded without Direct Rendering and using VESA (but that
> > could be result of failed autodetection). I think I'll ask at the devs
> > list.
> >
>  The fx 5200 is what I have but live cd kills the display.

Well, NVidia opensource drivers are know for reliability, that
excludes a weird driver/device configuration, VESA or NV, both drivers
should work OK.

Holly's theory,

"That certainly would explain things, but how broken would autodetection
then be (or the monitor's EDID?? support) if it couldn't even
detect/report its own Vsync range?"

Its my best bet by now. I would try another monitor and see what
happens. May be a hardware problem after all...

> Alvin
>
> For the best jerky you've ever had go to
> http://alk.jerkydirect.com/
> My home page
> http://ka9qlq.tripod.com
> This PC is windows free with Mepis Linux 3.4-3
> http://www.mepis.org/
> 1(747)632-4973 SIP
> Get Gizmo 1 cent per minuet calling
> http://www.gizmoproject.com/