On 3/8/06, Kumar Golap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks all for your help...and I know why now mmx flag was getting
> masked. Its in the use.mask as suggested by Martins.

The mmx USE flag is not supported on the amd64 profile.  The processor
does support mmx instructions, but (I think) only when operating in
32-bit mode.  So it probably doesn't make sense to have an amd64
profile with the mmx/sse/3dnow use flags.  Presumably there are better
processor instructions for a true 64-bit multi-media application to
use...

If you really want to applications to use mmx/sse/3dnow for some
reason, you will need to remain in 32-bit mode with the x86 profile.
Or I suppose you could use some kind of chroot/cross-compilation
environment...

-Richard