A.R.S. KA9QLQ Alvin Koffman schreef:
> As for insulting the developers I said I looked forward to when they
>  had something I [a normal person] could use

You know, it just occurs to me to question this often-heard "assumption"
that "non-geek"="normal" -- with "geek" being defined by these so-called
"normal" people.

Is it "not normal" to want to understand what you're doing when
installing an OS?

Is it "normal" to object (vociferously, usually) to having to read the
instructions before attempting to perform a complex technical procedure?

Is it "normal" to think that "click a fancy button and everything just
works" is the way things are *supposed* to be, when dealing with a
complex technical operation?

I personally don't think so, but then again I'm a "geek", apparently,
and I don't know what "normal" is, anyway, since I'm apparently not.

Not to be rude, but if I was "normal", I suppose I would understand how
one can be "a normal person" and severely disabled in the same paragraph,
since these conditions either have no relationship to each other (in
which case there was no need for the "I'm disabled" trump card), or
contradict each other (in which case the speaker looks like a.....
person who smells of elderberries).

But of course, I'm out of here; pointless flame-fests are not my idea of
a fun Friday night.

Holly