Hello,

Has anyone any experiences with developing software with QT4?

checking whats available, with 'emerge -pv qt', I see:
x11-libs/qt-3.3.4-r8

Nothing else... If I add x11-libs/qt to the package.keywords
file, I get
x11-libs/qt-4.1.1

after editing the package.keyword file, If I run emerge -uDp world,
it want to upgrade qt:
Calculating world dependencies ...done!
[ebuild     U ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.4-r9 [3.3.4-r8]

I really confused as this is not very clear what the hardmasked, testing
and stable versions of QT........?

I've been told that QT 4 is 'very young' which I interpret as unstable
and buggy. How do I tell if qt-4.1.1 is hard masked or testing....
as I've never seen this before.

Should I avoid qt4 or is it OK for use, it's just testing on Gentoo?

Any feedback is appreciated,

James