On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:13:37 +0100, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:

> > Share things like you KDE/GNOME config files and it WILL bite you at
> > some time.
>
> no, it won't
>
> kde uses for its major versionds (3.3, 3.4, 3.5) different directories
> (.kde3.3, .kde3.4, .kde3.5). Worst case - you have to set a symlink
> (.kde) before you log in.

Major versions, yes, but not minor versions. The problems occur when you
upgrade one distro to a later minor version, run it, then go back to the
older version. config files are intended to be backward-compatible, not
forward-compatible. This isn't urban myth, I have experienced it.

--
Neil Bothwick

Nice computers don't go down.