On 3/20/06, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello, I installed Gentoo on my four systems a while ago and I've just
> acquired a couple of new-to-me P3-500's.  I'd like to install Gentoo
> on these new systems but I'm a little confused by the changes made to
> the installation process recently.  I've never done anything but a
> stage 1 installation, but I remember reading that those instructions
> were removed from the installation documentation, and now I see a GUI
> and a command line installer on the latest LiveCD.  What is currently
> the best installation method if I'm in the stage 1 mindset?

Note that nobody is forcing you to use any install method. If you
fancy stage 1 installs... go for it. The stages are still updated and
available on the mirrors. But as Nick said, it is slower.

Also if you don't remember all the commands and you still want to do
stage 1 I would recommend this doc [1], its the old x86 quickstart
guide, the new one has been "expanded" (aka crapped up) to the point
that it is no longer a quickstart guide but rather a
handbook-in-two-pages.

[1]http://web.archive.org/web/20050324081156/http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml