On 3/22/06, Pierrick Couturier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
..
> You have xmms in your USE flags (default gentoo USE flags, I
> assume). So when you'va tried to install mplayer, portage
> wants to install xmms too because mplayer can use xmms  or
> parts of it (I don't how) if you want.

Yes, xmms is in my default gentoo USE flags.  I was interpreting that
to mean that xmms is installed, but really that means, apparently,
that as mplayer can use xmms, there will be a "connection" from
mplayer to xmms.  Furthermore, if application_x also uses xmms, there
will be a connection from application_x to xmms, and, of course, xmms
is only installed once.  Ok, think I got it :)

thanks,

Thufir