Chad Feller wrote:
Curious. I just tested it on two of my Gentoo boxes. added myself to the cron group (gpasswd -a <my username> cron), then as my regular user ran "crontab -e" and entered

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/mutt [EMAIL PROTECTED] -s 'test from user'

Well ... it's working now. It seems that there is a delay with registering the crontab change until the next minute at one second after. All my tests were being done for the upcoming minute. A few minutes after sending that last email, the message came ... I altered my crontab and now my other jobs are working as well.

Oddly, on my FreeBSD machine, crontab changes take effect immediately (changes two seconds before will still trigger the job to run).

Tom Veldhouse