Quote in my /etc/fonts/fonts.conf

<family>Kochi Mincho</family>  <-- Japanese fonts
<family>AR PL SungtiL GB</family> <-- Chinese
<family>AR PL Mingti2L Big5</family> <-- Chinese
<family>MS 明朝</family> <-- Maybe Chinese or Japanese
<family>Baekmuk Batang</family> <-- Korean
<family>FreeSerif</family> <-- As I know, this font has many language support.

In your screenshot, Korean character seems to be fine. Maybe 'Baekmuk Batang' show that character.

Jeff Wrote:
Hey all. Have a look at the *bottom* of this Google screen shot:

http://home.comcast.net/~jmg_071769/images/borkedcharacters.jpg

How do I get those Asian characters to appear?

TIA!

-Jeff