On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:55:46 -0600
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How much RAM do you have?  <4G, you might just go with a full 32-bit
> userland and only a 64-bit kernel.

I have 2G.  Couldn't I do 32-bit userland and 32-bit kernel?  The
reason for a 32-bit kernel is because I need to compile the Nortel VPN
client and it is binary only crap and has 32-bit only binary modules.
Well, the code actually uses a module wrapper which I can compile
64-bit but then it barfs trying to link with the 32-bit only modules
provided.

I have not found any other way to connect to my works VPN than with the
Nortel VPN client and even that is tough to get to work.

Out of curiosity, how would I do a 32-bit userland with 64-bit kernel?
Would I just change CHOST to x86_64 when I compile the kernel?

 Jim