Would it be reasonable to request that useradd
automatically adds a new user to the cdrom group?

For a long time I couldn't figure out why the cdrom
didn't work properly in user mode. Once i stumbled
about the "add user to cdrom group" solution,
everything works correctly. I'm thinking that gentoo
would be a better system if this was done
automatically.

Thanks,
Ben

 "he who writes the code gets to choose his license, and nobody else gets to
complain" - Linus Torvale
In my honest option, it should read - "he who writes the code gets to choose
his license, and everybody else complains."