060329 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:03:26 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
>> I've always been amazed that there's no pgm to play Bridge on UNIX.
> There's abridge - http://www.abridgegame.org/ - for playing online
> or did you me something to play against the computer?

Yes, I meant a program to play against the computer.
Finesse Bridge (Win98 only) gives a fairly good imitation of club players
& there are some very strong commercial offerings for M$ Windows.
However, no-one has ever set out to create such a program for UNIX.

There are excellent chess programs for Linux
& a Go program which makes me (2 kyu) think a bit
-- tho' Go is much more difficult for a computer than is chess -- ,
so I return to my sociological question in the previous message.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]