On 29 March 2006 18:16, maxim wexler wrote:

> See my reply to Ryan. Somehow overnight my complete
> path statement returned. I don't remember the last
> time I ran env-update etc. Correct me if I'm wrong,
> but isn't it run automatically after completion of
> emerge <some package>. Perhaps this is something I
> should set up in cron, which I have yet to configure
> or use.

No, it doesn't run automatically, and you shouldn't run it from cron. You
really have to watch etc-update and decide what it should overwrite and what
you prefer to edit yourself. Think of a shorewall update overwriting all your
rules, policies and other configuration. Thanks, no!

Uwe

--
Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?