On 3/29/06, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:04:12 -0700, Ian wrote:

>  cp: writing '/mnt/ipod/file': Input/Output error
>
> cp: cannot create regular file '/mnt/ipod/file2': Input/Output error

What do you have in /etc/fstab for this?

Basically the standard.
/dev/sda2  [tab] /mnt/ipod  [tab]  auto   [tab]  noauto,users,rw  [tab] 0 0
That line is from memory, although it did previously work perfectly.

What is the output from "ls -ld /mnt/ipod" before and after mounting?

Im at work right now, Ill reply very soon with this output.

Does cp work as root?

Flawlessly.

One other thing, I did upgrade kernels, however I used make oldconfig with the older
config file in the kernel directory. I rechecked the menuconfig and found that everything
I think should be enabled, was. I can post my config file on my server and link you guys
when I get home.

HTH,
Ian

--
Neil Bothwick

Top Oxymorons Number 26: Software documentation

--
Cheers,
Ian