On 3/26/06, Christoph Eckert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > solfire:/home/mccramer>inkscape
> >
> > Emergency save activated!
> > Emergency save completed. Inkscape will close now.
> > If you can reproduce this crash, please file a bug at
> > www.inkscape.org with a detailed description of the steps leading to
> > the crash, so we can fix it. zsh: abort
> > solfire:/home/mccramer>
> >
> > Script done on Sun Mar 26 15:11:14 2006
> >

> > But I fear this say as much as my emotional post previously....
>
> unfortunately you're right :( .
>

> Best regards
>

> ce
> --

I've got almost same problem. After removing ~/.inkscape/ error says:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ inkscape

Emergency save activated!
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08958250 ***
Przerwane

(afaik "przerwane" = "segmentation fault")

After this I have ~/.inkscape/ with file preferences.xml, and the next error is:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ inkscape
/home/capsel/.inkscape/preferences.xml:2: parser error : Start tag
expected, '<' not found

^

If you can reproduce this crash, please file a bug at www.inkscape.org
with a detailed description of the steps leading to the crash, so we can fix it.
Przerwane

(...)

I tried to recompile librsvg (mozilla-firefox-bin does not show svg
files), glib, gtk+... as I noticed strange display behaviour (cuting
or adding pixel lines when scrolling pages).
Yesterday I upgraded portage (glibc) but all those errors wasn't fixed.

I don't think it is my fault (use flags/cflags) as it all happend
after emerge -uDN world, but I can't say exactly when and what was
upgraded... Some time ago, 3 months maybe, I had same problem with GTK
(don't know about inkscape) on my second machine but 2 weeks I sold
it. I had same use flags and cflags as on this machine.

Can any one help?