On 4/1/06, Jeremy Olexa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lord Sauron wrote:
> > If I ever meet the guy who made the cat command, I'm gonna kiss him.
> > If I ever find the guy who made the less command, I'll do the same.
> > One of my new favourite toys is cat <file> | less.  You've probably
>
> Ha. You can achieve the same by running `less <file>` same with grep. ;)

Didn't know that, either.  bash is so darn cool...  makes DOS look so
bad.  Amazing people could use DOS.

> I assume the problem regarding mounting usb drives has been solved?

Yes, it has.  I'm very happy about it.  In celebration I made KDE look
exactly like Windows 95 to tick off all the windoze zombies I know.
They're still not happy about KIOSlaves, and whenever I change a theme
or behaviour it deepens the wound in their misplaced pride : )

Now I can get down and dirty with Apache2 and PHP so I can build my
big product.  I would tell, but it's confidential - Firestorm
Development Group International only.  I can say that it will be
Gentoo based, and totally open-source.  It's just closed-source during
the development phase to maintain an element of surprise on the
unsuspecting win32 syncophants.  Consider this your warning: my next
string of problems will be related to Apache2, PHP, php_mhash and
php_mcrypt, MySQL, and such things.

In the mean time, since I'm not brave enough to open a whole new
thread for something as trivial as this...

OpenOffice just released OpenOffice.org v2.0.2  Is this already in the
software listings, or is it confined to ~x86, and people like me using
-x86 can't get it yet?  I would change, but I'm not sure what to
expect with ~x86.

BTW: Thanks for your help!  I am taking in as much of this info as I
can* - don't expect to see the same question twice from me.

[*] I do have limits.  Most people tell me they're higher than your
average Joe, but I do have limits.