Martins <mar <at> ml.lv> writes:

> > Sounds like an apache.conf problem...

apache and php problem...

> > Of course it could be a stray php.so isn't linked correctly, try running
> > revdep-rebuild?

> if so then /var/log/apache2/error_log should contain valuable info

'tail -f' on this file does reveal some information.
[Mon Apr 03 10:07:23 2006] [error] [client 192.168.2.9] File does not exist:
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/jffnms
[Mon Apr 03 10:07:23 2006] [error] [client 192.168.2.9] File does not exist:
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/jffnms
[Mon Apr 03 10:07:24 2006] [notice] child pid 17488 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)
[Mon Apr 03 10:07:24 2006] [notice] child pid 17517 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

note the files do exist....

Backgound: I have 2 sytems, both have had all apache, php etc removed
and a fresh install (obviously not correctly or completely purged) using:

emerge unmerge apache; emerge unmerge dev-lang/php-4*;
emerge unmerge dev-lang/php-5*; emerge unmerge postgresql;
emerge unmerge jffnms; emerge unmerge rrdtool;
emerge unmerge graphviz; emerge unmerge nmap; emerge unmerge fping;
emerge unmerge mysql

One system installs just fine, crystal and jffnms is working to the
point of getting the http://192.168.2.22/htdocs/admin/setup.php
to show up with no errors...

On the second system I can get to the
http://192.168.2.9 page and the
http://192.168.2.22/htdocs/admin page but non of the *.php files work.

The basic probem on the Sheet system is multiple config files:
Sheet:/etc/apache2# eix dev-lang/php
* dev-lang/php
     Available versions:  4.3.11-r5 4.4.2 5.0.5-r5 5.1.2
     Installed:           4.4.2
     Homepage:            http://www.php.net/

(on sheet)
Sheet:/etc/php4/apache/php.ini
versus
Sheet:/etc/php/apache2-php4/php.ini
versus
Sheet:/etc/php4/apache2-php5/php.ini

Also
/etc/apache
/etc/init.d/apache
versus
/etc/apache2
/etc/init.d/apache2

versus (on crystal)
crystal:/etc/php/apache2-php4
/etc/php/apache2-php4/php.ini
and
/etc/apache2
/etc/init.d/apache

That's right I have 3 different php.ini files on Sheet
despite only having php-4.4.2 installed. Also on crystal there
is not apache dir, just apache2.

So can I'm going to remove the all /etc/apache* dir and
all php dirs that are left after unmerging these packages
again.

emerge -pv jffnms should then correctly call for just the
packages that are needed.   /etc/portage/package.use
are identical on these systems.

I've already tried this, only without manually eliminating
any and all extra dirs, and it did not fix the problem
on Sheet but did fix the problem on Crystal.

I've also managed to discover the correct use flag settings
that jffnms needs fom php, and I'll post to bugs.gentoo.org
when I can get a clean installation working on sheet.

Anything I've missed? I guess I relied on the unmerge process too
much.... to properly clean up apache or php installations?

James