On 4/3/06, Kristian Poul Herkild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 15:07:33 -0300, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales wrote
> > Are you running this as root?
>
> Yes. I always emerge as root, since my ordinary user isn't in the
> emerge-group.
>
> So basically this:
> 1) su - root
> 1.1) writing password and pressing enter
> 2) emerge seahorse
> 2.1) failure because it is not running as root.

I think the normal portage configuration contains userpriv, which
causes portage to drop root privledges and run as portage:portage.

Try:

2) FEATURES=-userpriv emerge seahorse

Although it is a badly behaved ebuild that wants to modify actual
system files just to build...you might also have to disable
sandboxing.  See 'man make.conf'.

-Richard